Weather for Mozambique & what to pack!
Spring: October – November
Summer: December – March
Autumn: April – May
Winter: May – September
The average temperature for Mozambique is a pleasant 28ºC all year round. The climate varies slightly according to the regions of the country. The coast experiences a sub-tropical climate while the northern parts of the county are tropical. Generally, the hot rainy season is from December to March. The average temperature along the coast is 29º C (88º F).
Rainfall along the coast is heavy, but decreases in the north and south. Cyclones are common during the wet season. The average temperature ranges in Maputo range from 13 degrees to 24 degrees Celsius in July, to 22 to 31 degrees Celsius in February.
What to pack for your Mozambique Holiday at Casa Madeira?
Many people make the mistake of taking along too much clothing. You should pack happy comfortable, casual and semi-casual clothes. We advise not to pack clothing resembling military/army uniform (i.e. army jackets, caps, and trousers). Please dress suitably when visiting towns, markets, and villages.
Here is a short list we recommend you bring along:
- Smart/casual trousers for evenings
- Shorts, T-shirts and other shirts (any combination)
- Light cotton long sleeved shirts
- Light cotton skirt / wrap skirt /sarong for the ladies
- Fleece/warmer jacket for cooler evenings
- Pair of walking/running shoes
- Pair of ‘rocky’ type sandal
- Swimming costume/bikini
- Sun protection hats/cap
- Suntan lotion high factor/sun block, lip balm, sunglasses